Sunday 23 January 2011

Blackbird


Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these broken wings and learn to fly

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Black bird singing in the dead of night

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see

all your life

you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly

Into the light of the dark black night.

Just let this song carry me away at the moment. I don’t really need to be taken anywhere, it’s just nice to go off to a little imaginary world all cinematic and that. It takes me to a cliff top walk where I pick blackberries and its warm, not too warm, just perfik. I also really like the way Rachel Evan Wood sings it in Across The Universe.

Popping back to good ol’ Farnham today. I am very much looking forward to sleeping in the pitch black. In Brighton it is never pitch black- you can always see. It’s a peculiar notion but you do miss it, sounds gothic I know, but its true. I imagine its similar for people who live in countries where for months on end its just night, but opposite of course.

I really want/need (probably want rather than need) a big slouchy patterned cardigan like the ones below. I have a number of jumpers like this but no cardis which just won’t do. Urban Outfitters have a load of gorgeous ones in but in my current economic situation I cannot and will not justify spending 38squids on one. However, all is not lost as the charity shops back in Farnham and Camberley are pretty good for finding much desired purchase for a very weenie price- Just in the nick of time ey?!

The top image is Pandy's Vintage (check it on eBay) and the second is Fox Vintage (eBay it for sure) I know it’s not patterned but I adore the styling for the outfit. Top job me thinks. And everyone loves a bit of mohair right? Except when it get in your mouth…or in your eyes.

Love and longevity,

Gracie

x

No comments:

Post a Comment