Friday 27 August 2010

Autumn 2010...

I’m not one you’ll often catch wishing away the summer but, please, bring on autumn! Us fashion followers are in for a real treat next season as a deluge of gorgeous trends floods our way. From capes to leather skirts to sheepskin and evening trousers I can honestly say I am very excited for the autumn months. Another plus side for me is that I have many of the key pieces in my wardrobe! Which does mean that I won’t really need to go shopping but it proves the longevity of these items.
On the catwalk: I’m especially loving Burberry Prorsum for the aviator jackets (as well as pretty much everything else!) and D&G for the knitwear and colours. Back in my budget range (and probably yours too) Asos is on top form as per usual, as is Miss Selfridge and Topshop...

I want this so bad it hurts... Topshop £70



And this... Miss Selfridge £45



And this for keeping you warm in the autumn months- there's something so incredibly sexy about a nude slip, perhaps Atonement is to blame? Topshop £18



The overall effect of these trends as singular pieces or combined, is that everyone looks so smart and powerful in a comfy and cosy sort of way- perfect for those chilly winds and wet pavements.
A great thing about next seasons must-haves is that they a fairly universal. Everyone, regardless of size, colouration or personal style can pull them off. One piece that needs to be approached with a little caution is the leather skirt; take the time to find a perfect one for you or you may end of looking like a...ahem hooker or just quite simply bad.

And the make up? A new word needs to be invented for the autumn make up- I love it! It’s so sassy with the red or dark lips and smoky eyeliner. Lush.
One trend I personally think I’ll side step: A line skirts- I just don’t think they love me.
Peace and Serenity,
Gracie

4 comments:

  1. Great picks, I adore that gorgeous dress with the peter pan collar!
    Loving the pic's of you too, your coats are stunning
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the burberry aviator jackets, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete